With today being especially rainy here in the Bay Area, I thought it would be fitting for me to share with you all my favorite rainy day strains! So the next question you have to ask yourself- What kind of rainy day do I want? You could go the completely lazy day in bed, enjoy tea and a nice movie with the sound of the rain faintly in the background. Or you could go the creative, busy day- you have the energy to do something but the rain is prohibiting outside activities so you must make do with indoors for now. I’ll share with you my favorite strains for every type of rainy day.
- Grape Ape: This is the strain you want to go to for the couch-lock or bed-lock type of day. You will happily rest in the warmth of your blankets, as the high comes on you slowly start to relax more and more until you are fully content just sitting there. Not the kind of strain to put you straight to bed but your mind will relax and start to drift off with your preferred form of entertainment (movies, books, or tv). If you have the day to be lazy- Grape Ape is your best bet.
- Banana OG: This indica-dominant hybrid will definitely leave you relaxed but not so much locked in place, as you’ll find with Grape Ape. This is an indica for more of an internal reflection kind of day. Maybe a good book or two. You will have the mental clarity and alertness to be able to read or meditate for hours. But you will get that bodily relaxation that melts away pain and promotes still and intentional movements. A prime strain fora yummy yin or restorative yoga session.
- Pineapple Express: This strain will leave you will the giggles, A true hybrid at heart. You will find a little bodily relaxation mixed with a hint of mental relaxation and BOOM you got yourself a wonderful hybrid. If you’re spending this rainy day with friends or watching a good quality comedy, then this is the strain for you.
- Jack Herer: A well known sativa, this is my go to internal reflection/get shit done strain. The mental stimulation and creativity with this strain just flow so greatly in unison. I do not get the sativa anxiety or feel ancy with this strain. Though you will get a little energy (as with any sativa), but it is a calming energy coupled with a creative high. Perfect to spend the day writing (hint hint exactly what I am doing/smoking right now) or painting or whatever, just something where you can unleash your creativity and let your thoughts just flow.
- Pineapple Trainwreck: If you’re feeling the rainy day blues, then this is the strain for you. Not everyone loves the rain, in fact the rain sometimes gets in the way of some pretty great outdoor plans. But have no fear, this strain with a few hits will have your mood elevated enough for you to maybe notice the beautiful benefits rain has to offer this Earth. You will also gain a little bit of energy (thanks to the train wreck lineage) which when you couple energy with a good mood, your opportunities are endless. Maybe you get the energy to spend this rainy organizing, going through old things, cooking a meal (or dessert), reading a book, catching up on work or with old friends.